To celebrate Valentine’s Day, New Horizons Designs is hosting a giveaway! Please enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for a chance to win these prizes from the sponsors (end 2/10/19). Keep reading after the giveaway info for my write-up on the Valencia Top.
- Grand prize winner will receive: $35 gift card to So Sew English, a bundle of their choice from Surge Fabric Shop (my fav!), $40 shop credit to Mily Mae Fabrics, a Marbella Tank and Valencia Top Bundle from New Horizons Designs.
- In addition, NHD is giving: 4 lucky winners a Marbella Tank and Valencia Top Bundle. Even if you aren’t a lucky winner the patterns are still on sale for $7.00 until February 10th.
- Also, my favorite shop, Surge Fabrics is offering a 15% off code for the Marbella/Valencia bundles to Sewbeeloved readers until February 14th. Use code NHBUNDLES15 for extra savings. The bundles are available here.
Now that we have those details covered let’s dive into a favorite pastime of mine. Taking sexy out. Not as in taking it out to play, but taking it out of the equation. It’s the opposite of Justin Timberlake’s famous song, Sexy Back. I linked the song just in case you want to groove while you read. I don’t have any moral convictions about dressing sexy, in fact I have made the sexy version, find my write up here. I just know that I have limited sewing time so I need to sew items that will get the most use, and casual tees are just that! The Valencia Top just happens to be my favorite tee pattern, how about that?!?
The Valencia Top and the Marbella Tank by New Horizons Designs are on sale for this Valentine’s Day season, because, well, they have the potential to be incredibly sexy. But….as we’ve established, I do the opposite. The Valencia has become a staple in my closet that I wear daily. I found a way to take sexy out and keep it B.A.S.I.C.
I’m sure my husband appreciates my need for comfort 😉
Details I love about the fit:
- Subtle Curved Hem (I always find that a curved hem flatters the hips more than a straight hem)
- High Scoop Neckline (I’m not trying to show off my boobies)
- Nice fit at the bust with a flowy waistline.
- New Horizons Designs does a phenomenal job of drafting, I’m continually wow’d with every piece I make.
- Fabric I’ve tried and loved (all from Surge Fabric Shop) for the Valencia: Triblend Jersey, Poly Linen Jersey, Rayon Spandex, French Terry, and Bamboo Spandex. This is definitely a tried and true pattern for me!
Blog Schedule –
- Monday, Feb. 4th Big Fly Notions
- Tuesday, Feb. 5th Meadow Sews
- Wednesday, Feb. 6th Inspired Indigo
- Thursday, Feb. 7th Liviality
- Friday, Feb 8th Sweet Sprocket & Hazelnut Handmade